Renting a dumpster is the best way to clean up a worksite after a residential or commercial project. As long as you’re not throwing away hazardous materials, you can just toss whatever refuse you have into the dumpster, and the dumpster rental company in Nashville, TN will haul it off for you.
There is one downside to renting a dumpster, though: Passersby can throw their personal trash in your container with hardly any repercussions. To ensure you’re not on the wrong end of this illegal dumping, keep reading. This post will teach you how to stop strangers from illegally using your dumpster:
- Check your bin daily: The first step in preventing illegal dumping is confirming that you actually have a problem. Make a habit of checking your dumpster every day to see if there’s any refuse that isn’t from your work site. Keep in mind that illegal dumping is a problem regardless of the items, so even small things like cans and bottles should be noted.
- Lock and cover your container: If you have a problem with illegal dumping, locking the gate and covering the top of your bin are the best ways to prevent it. After all, if the gate is locked and the top is covered with a tarp, it’s impossible for strangers to utilize your bin.
- Set up fencing: In addition to covering your bin, talk to your dumpster rental company in Nashville, TN about setting up a fence around the perimeter. A simple, temporary, chain-link fence makes it much harder for intruders to throw away their trash.
- Place a warning sign: While a warning sign about illegal dumping might not scare off everyone, it can be extremely beneficial. A sign that mentions fines for illegal dumping is particularly effective, even if it’s just an empty threat.
- Install a security camera: Catching someone in the act of using your dumpster is highly unlikely. That’s where security cameras can help. The cameras can capture the perp’s face, which is invaluable when it comes to tracking them down. Additionally, a 24/7 camera may capture the person’s license plate number if they drove.
- Ask your neighbors: If you’re sharing the dumpster with any neighbors, ask them if they’ve noticed anyone throwing trash into the bin illegally. If they have, and if they’re concerned about the illegal dumping, they may help cover the cost of the fencing or security cameras.
- Report illegal dumping: Finally, be sure to contact the authorities if you notice any illegal dumping. The police are your best bet in tracking down any folks who illegally used your bin to impose a hefty fine on them.
Rent your dumpster from Griffin Waste Services
Be sure to choose Griffin Waste Services as your next dumpster rental company in Nashville, TN. While no one can truly prevent illegal dumping, we can guarantee that you’ll get the best dumpster at the lowest rates. Get in touch with us today to receive a quote or to learn more about our services—we look forward to working with you!