When you’re looking into a dumpster rental for your facility or project, you’ll have a variety of different options in dumpster sizes. You can find sizes from 10-yard dumpsters all the way up to 40 yards (referring to cubic yards). Each size has a different weight limit, with the large sizes being able to hold more weight (and more trash).
But how big of a dumpster do you truly need? Here’s a quick look at what you can expect from each of the most common dumpster sizes:
- 10-yard dumpster: This is generally the smallest available size, and you can expect it to hold about a ton of weight. The dumpster is ideal for smaller projects, particularly for homeowners doing DIY cleanouts of a single room or a few old pieces of furniture. It can also be good for some yard waste cleanup.
- 12-yard dumpster: With a 2-ton weight limit, this dumpster isn’t much bigger than the 10-yard and isn’t as common, but it does have a little bit higher of a weight limit with similar dimensions, making it good for small room cleanouts or small remodeling projects.
- 15-yard dumpster: With a 5-ton weight limit, the 15-yard dumpster is also ideal for small jobs but allows for more and/or larger debris. It’s another good option for homeowners due to its smaller footprint.
- 20-yard dumpster: The 20-yard dumpster has about a 2-ton weight limit and is one of the most popular choices for dumpster rentals. It’s not as tall as some of the smaller options, but it has a larger footprint. It’s an affordable option for its size considering how much it’s able to fit, and it’s able to fit in most spaces near residential homes. This dumpster is ideal for residential remodeling, landscaping cleanup, large tree branches and other types of contract work.
- 30-yard dumpster: This dumpster is capable of holding up to 3 tons of waste and is another popular option, especially among contractors. They are a good value because the weight limit makes it easier to avoid overfilling them, which helps you to keep costs down. This is a very versatile dumpster option, as it can be used for just about any project, including roofing, residential remodels, demolition debris, landscaping, cleanup after natural disasters and much more.
- 40-yard dumpster: Most dumpster rental companies do not offer a size larger than the 40-yard dumpster, which features a 4-ton weight limit. This massive dumpster is generally used by contractors for large jobs in specialty situations, such as particularly large cleanup projects, demolition work or big commercial jobs.
Still need some additional assistance in determining what size dumpster will work best for your needs? We encourage you to contact the team at Griffin Waste Services today, and we will be happy to provide you with some recommendations based on the type of job you’ll be performing and the size of your property. Whether you need a 10-yard dumpster rental or require a larger size, we look forward to working with you soon!